Monday, July 19, 2010

All you need is love...

As many of you know, I visited Liverpool last weekend. I never truly appreciated Liverpool as much as I do now. It's astounding how much history there is in that city. At first, all I really wanted to go there for was mostly for The Beatles, for if I were there back in the 60s when they were a huge band, I would definitely have been a member of the Beatlemania (their fan group). But I didn't realize how great it would be, honestly. Excluding the famous Mathew Street, the Cavern, and the birthplaces of the Beatles, there was Albert Dock, the Royal Liver Building, the biggest Chinatown in the world, the Liverpool Cathedral which is the largest in the UK and fifth largest in the world, St. George's Hall and many more. All in all, it was worth the trip and I would really like to go again because I don't feel like I had enough time to see everything. I never knew how complicated the relationship of the Beatles was, with the childhood lives of John and Paul being hardships for the both of them, and the meanings behind each of their songs being so in-depth. If you get a chance, listen to their music and really focus in on the lyrics. It's truly amazing. "Hey Jude" was made for John Lennon's son by Paul McCartney to comfort him after the divorce of John and Cynthia and keep his spirits high. That, to me, is awesome. Gotta love Paul McCartney!

No comments:

Post a Comment